Got an inkling for an idea that will revolutionize your industry? There’s really nothing that demonstrates the gravitas of your big venture than when you finally set up the website for your new business.
But a website’s copy is something few people put serious thought into. Aside from the aesthetics and look, your website’s copywriting is pretty much one of the building blocks of your brand. Whether your website leaves an impact on your customers will all depend on how good your web copy is.
Good Copywriting For Your Website
In essence, a good copy entails clarity, impact, and an easy understanding of what your product/service/brand is all about. Moreover, the ability to convey product information concisely is not something a lot of laymen can claim to master.
Still here? Great! Here are some copywriting hacks your next e-commerce website will definitely need.
- Write Like A Human, Not A Robot: Most modern websites use AI for basic customer interactions. As a cost, they come off as sounding cold and boring. Adopting a more casual tone would be great to show that there is in fact an actual person behind the keyboard, as well as being more relatable.
- Being Formal Doesn’t Always Work: Speaking of writing tone, it’s also vital to ensure your copy doesn’t come off as sounding too formal or dry. Sometimes, writing too professionally will seem boring and unrelatable.
- Write For Your Target Audience: When you craft your e-commerce site’s copy, it may be tempting to write in a general tone to target a wider audience. This will cause your copy to sound too general and may not reach your intended audience.
- Use Proper Formatting In Your Copywriting: Most visitors won’t read your website, they scan it. In other words, your content could be the best thing on the Internet but it won’t have an impact if the readers only scan through it. In this case, proper website copy formatting like an F-shaped layout or a two-column layout is recommended.
- Use Online Tools To Optimize Your Website: It’s the age of the Internet, and there’s a bunch of online tools available to make your life easier. From proofreading tools like Grammarly to SEO optimization, you’ll find that there is a (free) tool available for any purpose.