Today is happy Destiny day for all of us Guardians out there….yes it’s Rise of Iron release day and I’m sure most of you have already been grinding away to see all the new stuff.
Here’s a quick run down on some of the important things we are getting.
- Felwinters Peak, the new Social Space with new vendors, a new Cryptarch, and it comes with wolves!
- 5 main campaign Story ARC Missions, plus other Missions and Quests
- The Plaguelands, which is the new open patrol area of the revamped snow covered Cosmodrome.
- SIVA infected Fallen called Devil Splicers are here now
- The Archon’s Forge, a new arena much like Prison / Challenge of Elders
- We’ve got new STRIKES!!!
- Wrath of the Machine, the new Raid, available September 23rd!
- Yes we have a new PvP mode as well called Supremacy!
- Iron Banner has been re-worked
- 4 new Crucible maps
- New artifacts that were created from scratch!
- New Max Light Level
- New Armor, Weapons, and a ton of new Rewards
- You can now put Ornaments on exotic weapons, and armor, a skin that changes the look of the weapon
Big Light Level Jump
Bungie told us we would be getting a big light level jump but no one really knew what that meant. Well here is what we got!
Rise of Iron Launch Light Level Increase to: 385
Once the hard mode of the RAID releases the light level will cap at 400
We have a new Record Book
Rise of Iron has a new free Record Book which tracks all activity in Rise of Iron account-wide. As you complete missions, quests, and other activities from the new expansion, you will gain percentage points of completion, and as with past Record Books will receive rewards at set intervals.
These rewards include:
- Full Iron Lord armor for all Character Classes
- Multiple new Emblems
- New Shaders
- The new Iron Song Ghost Shell
- And More
We’ve all been asking those questions of what will our engrams do when we decript them after ROI drops. Well, Uncommon and Rare (Green and Blue) gear will drop at higher light levels (potentially up to 350 for Rare items). Most of mine were dropping and coming out around 330 for blues and 200 for greens. Higher for Legendary / Exotics.
Strike Exclusive Gear and Skeleton Keys
Nightfalls and Strike Playlists are getting a new inventory item added to their Loot systems: The Skeleton Key, these keys, which will drop randomly at the end of missions, can be used in Strikes featuring exclusive items to get a guaranteed drop of one of those Exclusive by opening the “Strike Hoard” – a new chest that will be appearing upon completion of Strikes, even outside of the Weekly Playlists.
Weapons, & Armor
From new Iron Banner weapons reintroduced Year 1 guns, Rise of Iron is giving us a lot of new options.
- Year 1 weapons returning –
- We already knew the Gjallarhorn was coming back! If you pre-ordered well then you got it in (Black) and it’s sexy!
- We also have another Year 1 that was very popular but brought a lot of pain among the Guardians…. The THORN is coming back! It will have it’s own Exotic quest so get ready.
- For those of us already sporting Year 1 models, it’s not clear if the updated version will be immediately available through the kiosk or if we’ll have to work for it the same as everyone else.
- A whole list of new weapons, but I’m saving that for you all to discover
- One very familiar weapon that every Guardian has used is coming back. The Khvostov 7G-0X which is the exotic version of this weapon. This weapon will be the reward from an exotic weapon quest, but this one is different. This weapon won’t have a single exotic perk that makes it stand out. Instead, Bungie has added something brand new, a set of perk columns that allows us to turn this primary weapon into a custom killing machine.
New Armor Concept Drawings
The armor just speaks for itself as it’s amazing looking!!! We want it all!!!
The game has a whole host of new features to discover and this is just a base list of some new items that have come in, so get out there Guardians and go become an Iron Lord