Have you been browsing the blogosphere lately? If so….I’m sure you’ve seen chatter going on about Blaugust returning! It’s not only returning, it’s being kicked off in a new fashion like never before. In just a couple of days the vast community of this lovely realm we call the blogosphere will be furiously posting articles of all sorts throughout the month of August.
This is my first post of many to come throughout the month about Blaugust, and I can’t tell you how excited I am for this event! People talk about blogging being dead, but that’s the farthest thing from the truth. This is a large thriving and very strong community of beautifully creative people, and I’m honored I get to be a part of this wonderful chaos. I jumped on board this year as a mentor, and would love to jump in and get to know you all more. I took the blogging plunge in 2009/2010 and have enjoyed every second of it…..though it’s come with a roller coaster ride, the journey has been amazing!
What To Expect
First off this is a place of community and encouragement, so if you are nervous or not sure you want to take this ride…..I highly recommend you jump in as you won’t regret being around this amazing community of peeps. Our mentors participating in the event have already begun blowing up the blogging realm with prep-posts about all the fun to come this month! Check out the spread sheet of everyone who is joining in this year and where you can find them!
Blaugust was originally started by Belghast at Tales of the Aggronaut which was focused on a challenge for the month of August by posting each and every day. This year the event has become a hybrid of Blaugust and the Newbie Blogger Initiative or (NBI) as some who participated in it may know. NBI was the very first blogging event I had the pleasure of participating in, and it was an amazing experience as I learned so much from everyone. If you want to know more about these events and where they came from, the passion behind them, and why the blogging community has such a big heart for writing and coming together please click here to see more.
Participating and Goals
Haven’t ever blogged before, not a problem! Just started a blog and figuring things out, great! A veteran of the blogosphere and looking for the dusting cloth….no worries at all! Come join and jump in as we are gonna have some fun, and there are awards for no matter what level of blogger you are!
- Newbie Blogger Award – You did it, you created a new blog and by god we are going to sing your praises for doing it!
- Bronze Award – You made at least 5 posts during the Month of August 2018.
- Silver Award – You made at least 15 posts during the Month of August 2018, go you!
- Gold Award – You made at least 25 posts during the Month of August 2018, you are a badass!
- Rainbow Diamond Award – You did it, you posted every single day during the Month of August 2018 and deserve accolades.
Need Help – No Problem! We have Mentors!
Doesn’t matter how experienced of a blogger you are, it’s always nice to have a community that you can reach out to for advice. During this event we have a Mentor system and a very structured set of themes to help during the month!
- July 25th – July 31st – Blaugust Prep Week – posts about the technical details of getting started in blogging. Tutorials, advice, tips for naming your blog… that sort of stuff to get people ready to hit the ground on August 1st running.
- August 1st – August 7th – Topic Brainstorming Week – posts about ideas for topics that the participants can then mine for the rest of the month.
- August 8th – August 14th – Get to Know Each Other Week – hanging out and meeting other people in this new fledgling community and hopefully gaming together a bit! Also highly support doing some sort of collaboration on shared topics!
- August 15th – August 21st – Developer Appreciation Week – post about the things that you really appreciate in gaming or any other community… because chances are there is a developer or designer behind the things you love.
- August 22nd – August 28th – Staying Motivated Week – tips and tricks that you might have to stay motivated and keep creating content against the tyranny of a blank screen.
- August 29th – August 31st – The Final Stretch: Lessons Learned – as a way of getting us across the finish line, talk about some of the experienced you had during the month and maybe things you learned about yourself.
Ok seriously, who’s excited to jump in and come join this amazingness!!! Come hangout with some of the most amazing bloggers on the face of this planet.
Bel put together a signup sheet if you choose to join, and we also have a Discord server where you can connect with all the bloggers and mentors.
What are you waiting for!!!! Click the links below and come say hello! You won’t regret it!